Blooding abdomen after molt.

• Hello.

Unfortunately one of my parablepharis died misteriously. It was doing good and had molted a few days ago, I was just about to feed it for the first time after the molt and then I found it hanging by one single leg. Evidently, something was too wrong. And the moment I take it out to observe what happened, I found its abdomen was absolutely blooded like injured, but I honestly don´t know what it is, as after the molt it has not been disturbed by any food nor anything, so It´s difficult to figure it as an injure. The conditions are the ambient temperature of canary islands. Humidity is 80 - 90 % average in the canary islands and I mist my parablepharis almost every day. I must add an " X factor " and It is that a member of my family painted a decorative object with painting spray. I guess the mantis had that injured before that happened but every data has to be provided to clear what happened to the mantis. I´ll let a pic of it here so you may analyze it.

Thanks,

Best regards.

20220113_221734.jpg

• Hi!

Sorry for your loss!

A family member spray painted something next to the enclosure? So the mantis had to breath the fumes in? That of course could be bad...

It is really hard to say, what the reason was. The picture doesn't give much away either.

Greetings, Carina